Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Installation of Dimdim4.5 RPM on Ubuntu 8.10

2009-01-14
2013-05-01
  • tin htun aung
    tin htun aung
    2009-01-14

Hello,

I've been learning and testing how to compile, install.. etc

Did some requests in the forum. Still no reply to my posts. :/

Anyway, I've downloaded the rpm for Dimdim4.5 and trying to set up on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.

I followed the steps from the 'readme' file and got stuck at the PycURL installation.

I have Python2.5 installed. I don't know how to install PycURL 7.19.

Any instruction or idea will be much appreciated.

What if I set up Dimdim4.5 rpm without the PycURL?

Regards,

ko_aung

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-01-14

I know this has nothing to do with the Dimdim but I really need help.

I'm trying to set up on Ubuntu 8.10 and having this PycURL import problem.

When I type "import pycurl", I'm getting something like this.

-----------
      Fatal Python error: pycurl: libcurl link-time version is older than compile-time version
      Aborted
      -----------

Actually, I'm a windows user and absolute beginner to linux.

Can anybody help me how to fix it?

ko_aung

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-01-16

Still nothing.. Duh.

I've fixed the problem and continued installation.
      Had to use alien and convert the rpm package into debian and installed. :/
      Needed to changed some commands also.

I'm now stuck at the starting and stopping.
      -----------
      Unable to locate any of the following binaries:
        /usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/wrapper-linux-x86-32
        /usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/wrapper-linux-x86-64
        /usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/bin/wrapper (Found but not executable.)
      ----------

any idea?

• i am trying to install on ubuntu to no avail, and since its an ec2 image it makes no sence touse vmware, thats too costly to vertualize on a virtual instance, not porting to the debian branch would seem to be a grave mistake for such a promising project.... ofcourse i'm biast i'm a dehbian guy through and through and have no idea how to even use rpms........................   sigh