Error after creation of meeting

2009-04-18
2013-05-01
  • Yeshua Watson
    Yeshua Watson
    2009-04-18

Hello all. I'm currently working on a public Amazon EC2 image for Dimdim but I've ran into a snafu.

Everything (including a few extras) installed without problem. The server starts up just fine, however whenever a meeting is created and an attempt to join the meeting occurs, the browser displays a popup message of:

ui_params_initial_event_poll_time

I've tried searching the forums and goolgle, but the only thing that comes up is a header attachment file in the bug tracker with no way to discover what the issue was.

Creating a test session is the only thing preventing me from uploading this bundle to the public for everyone to use. I'm currently searching through the Dimdim directory for this error but so far, grep is taking it's time finding the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Yeshua

• Yeshua Watson
      Yeshua Watson
      2009-04-18

Nevermind, I figured it out. I was trying to have the server use a symbolic link to the resources directory linked to a removable mount point. Amazon doesn't allow saving of data if once an instance (or virtual server) has been shutdown. The server would simply default back to the settings I upload it as. Users can however mount virtual drives inside the instance to store data for long term use.

it seems as if the server doesn't have a problem with using another mount point within the folder so I'll just have to instruct EC2 users to mount their configuration drives to that particular folder.

Oh well, can't win for losing.

Thanks