Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can't upload a PDF in VMappliance 4.5

Help
Lew Waters
2008-12-10
2013-05-01
  • Lew Waters
    Lew Waters
    2008-12-10

I can't seem to upload a PDF. It gives me the same error everytime. Here is the error:

The document conversion failed with error: Invalid content (can be either zero byte file or corrupt file)..

This happens when I upload the file. I also use the servers at www.dimdim.com and the same PDF uploads without a problem. Is there a known fix for this issue on the VMWare appliance?

I asked a question in the miscellaneous forum, but no one has answered yet. Any help would be truly appreciated for such an awesome product.

I'm using VMWare server 1.04

• Does it error out with any pdf?  What about powerpoints?  Have you tried removing any spaces or special characters in the filename?  Also, I've found there seems to be a limit to the size of document you can upload.  I think it may be 20 Mb.

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-02-05

Hi,

I've also encountered problem uploading PDFs.

However, a post in the Dimdim.com forums by Anupam seems to solve my problem.

There are a few commands you might wanna try out.

mkdir -p /usr/local/share/swftools

ln -s /usr/local/dimdim/ThirdPartyPackages/swftools/swffonts/fonts /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts

ln -s /usr/local/dimdim/ThirdPartyPackages/swftools/swffonts/swfs /usr/local/share/swftools/swfs

Check out the original post also "http://forums.dimdim.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633"

Though, I'm still having problem with PPTX. Some PPTX files are not working.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Regards,

ko_aung

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-02-05

Hi,

I've also encountered problem uploading PDFs.

However, a post in the Dimdim.com forums by Anupam seems to solve my problem.

There are a few commands you might wanna try out.

mkdir -p /usr/local/share/swftools

ln -s /usr/local/dimdim/ThirdPartyPackages/swftools/swffonts/fonts /usr/local/share/swftools/fonts

ln -s /usr/local/dimdim/ThirdPartyPackages/swftools/swffonts/swfs /usr/local/share/swftools/swfs

Check out the original post also "http://forums.dimdim.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633"

Though, I'm still having problem with PPTX. Some PPTX files are not working.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Regards,

ko_aung

• Jim Livingston
      Jim Livingston
      2009-02-24

It was nice to see a suggestion to resolve this issue. I followed the steps outlined but PDF files don't work. So did I read that this only work for PPT files? Is this the Opensource version? I'm running the Centos5.2 Dimdim 4.5 version and feel like all I'm going to see working is the whiteboard and chat tool.

Regards,

Jim