which component is generating the HTML page?

Help
2009-01-07
2013-05-01
  • tin htun aung
    tin htun aung
    2009-01-07

Hi guys,

I'm new to Dimdim and trying to make some edits and build.

However, I'm having a lot of problems. I'm a windows user.

Now, what I'd like to know is which component of Dimdim is generating the HTML page after we click Start meeting button.

How to make edits to that page??

I see that most of the newbies are not getting help however, I'm just giving a try. :)

Please point me out or some hints so that I can continue.

Regards,

ko_aung

• /usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/webapps/dimdim/html/signin/signin.jsp

Note that many things are not really editable (to my knowledge) in this page.  What I have managed to edit:

Unhide and change the labels and types of field on the default host and email address fields.
      Fix the tab indexes so that tabbing works properly after unhiding the two fields.

Let me know if you manage to figure out how to make any more useful changes.

• tin htun aung
        tin htun aung
        2009-01-23

Hi Michael,

Yes, I could change some cosmetics. GWT is generating the panels, widgets.. etc.

You can edit them using GWT, compile and override the relevant folder.

layout2, popout, envcheck.. etc.

Regards,

ko_aung

• GWT?  Can you explain that?  I'd like to customize some things like replacing the DimDim logos...

• tin htun aung
      tin htun aung
      2009-01-28

Hi Michael,

I'm also not expert on GWT. I just started studying as soon as I found out that Dimdim is using GWT.

When you download the source codes for Dimdim4.5, you'll see /v4.1/WebApps/ConsoleII

The modules inside it are for most UI. You might wanna look into how GWT works and start replacing text, images, etc. Then compile it again and you'll get folders like.. 'layout2' and 'popout'.

After that, override the original folders on your server with your modified folders.

However some text strings can be easily changed in the property files located at "/usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/webapps/dimdim/data/language" and "/usr/local/dimdim/ConferenceServer/webapps/dimdim/WEB-INF/classes/resources/".

cheers,

ko_aung