Hi. I have some question about how to use the Streaming server.
- What would be the benefits of configuring more than 1 Streaming server ?.
I mean, If I am on a meeting with 5 participants, is there a difference having 1 or 5 Streaming servers running or this only helps if there are more meetings ?. Its assigned 1 stream server per meeting ?, per participant ?
- on the red5.properties, what are the differences between rtmp.host_port, http.port, debug_proxy.host_port, proxy_forward.host_port, rtmpt.port.
On the readme, section 5, it explain the way to configure more Streaming Servers. It says that you have to change the rtmpt.port, but not the other ports, so this confuse me :) and that's why I would like to know about the other ports.
- Which ports do I have to open on my Firewall if I configure more than 1 Streaming Server ?
I have read that I have to open the port 1935 (rtmp.host_port) and, of course, the port where tomcat is running. But what about the rtmpt.port ? Are those only accessed locally ?
- When configuring more streaming servers It says that I have to edit the file serverN/webapps/dimdimPublisher/red5-web.properties. But on server1, that file dose not exist.
- If I configure more than 1 Streaming Server, how do I know that all servers I have configured are running ?.
- This one is not related with Streaming Server :). On the Enterprise version, would be possible to change the presenter ? When would be a release of the Enterprise version ?. Is the partner program still at 90 % off ?.
You are doing a great job with the application. Thank You.
Thank you for your interest in Dimdim and the encouragement.
During a meeting, there are multiple data streams in progress. Every participants audio becomes a data stream and there are streams for the desktop data as well.
Having multiple streaming servers can spread the load around and allow one server to handle more simultaneous users.
I will need to check the ports for the extended streaming server configuration.
Regarding the partner program, can you please send an email to my colleague sundar(at)dimdim.com for more information.