Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Email Invite not Working

Help
Gerald B
2007-05-04
2013-05-01
  • Gerald B
    Gerald B
    2007-05-04

Thanks for your work on DimDim. It seems like a promising product. I have installed it on a linux server running Centos, using the RPM install method. Email invites to a meeting work properly using the default settings in dimdim.properties (email.server=smtp.atlarge.net, etc.) However, when I change these properties to use a Sendmail server running on the same box, the wrapper.log shows:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2007/05/03 15:32:08 | javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

My sendmail log shows:

May 3 15:32:08 host sendmail[11658]: l43KW8b2011658: host.mydomain.com [127.0.0.1] 
    did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Note that I have Sendmail configured to relay mail from my local net (only) without authentication. It seems that DimDim is trying to use an authenticated username and password for sending mail, which my mail server configuration does not require. Would that be the reason for the error? Is there a work-around?

Also, on the Start Meeting screen, I would like to be able to have the Email Name and Admin fields blank when preparing to start a meeting. Is it possible to change this somewhere?

Thanks,

Gerald

• Hi Gerad,

Thanks for using Dimdim. There is an issue related to SMTP server settings other than the default SMTP settings. The workaround is using the default SMTP server settings which will be done as a post install if you are using rpm package of Dimdim or please have a look at this thread for more details https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1724687&forum_id=610001

The issue will be addressed and will keep you updating.

Regards,
      -Rajesh