How do I GET dimdim?

Help
Shan
2006-12-19
2013-05-01
  • Shan
    Shan
    2006-12-19

Please could someone tell me how to get dimdim? I've been trying now for FOUR MONTHS!!!!
    I have put my email in the alpha request box several times with no result.
    Ive also emailed Sundar who is very nice and he telephoned me to talk.
    But I just want to go to a webpage and login to a demo, or get a script and try it out for myself.
    I don't understand. Other people are obviously using dimdim. Why not me?

• dimdim_sundar
      dimdim_sundar
      2006-12-19

Hello Shan,

First of all thanks for being patient with Dimdim.

Right now, Dimdim is in Alpha state and we are testing it and building on top of the current build/version. That's the reason we don't have a Dimdim hosted version yet. A free (advertisement-supported) Dimdim installation will be available around January end of 2007. At that time you can get a login and use Dimdim as you use any other web based service. That’s what the form is for on our website (dimdim.com). People register there by giving their email and when the hosted version is ready they will be informed of it. Your attendees can also login into meetings you would host through a webpage.

Right now, we are conducting demos where I or some person from Dimdim is present during demos so that we can observe which features users like, where the software behaves differently than expected and where we can improve. Also the Alpha version is not as stable as we want it to be so having one of us around helps in case of any bugs or other such issues. I hope ths clears up any confusion.

Of course, right now you can download and install Dimdim on your server. That way you can host meetings from your own machine. The software is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dimdim/

Please advice. Would you like me to schdule a Dimdim Demo for you? I have also sent you an email in this regard.

Regards,
      ~sundar

• Germo Görtz
      Germo Görtz
      2007-10-04

"People register there by giving their email and when the hosted version is ready they will be informed of it"

Is the hosted version ready now or not? And if it's ready, how long someone has to wait to get a login? I have problems to give external users access to a local dimdim server, so the hosted version could be used, but after entering an email I got nothing: no confirmation, no login information.

• Hello germog,

Could you please drop a mail to me at rajesh@dimdim.com or to Sundar at sundar@dimdim.com. Hosted version is ready and is in closed Beta. So please drop us a mail and we will send you an invite soon.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

• deep
      deep
      2007-11-27

Hello.

I am working on one Asp.net Website(C#). I just want to use your Dimdim code in my website. I have downloded your source code.

How do I use your source code in my website.
          Please Guide me how can I do this. It's urgent.

Waiting for your reply.

Thankx
      Deep jyoti
      +91-9343543807
      Bangalore

• deep
      deep
      2007-11-27

Hello.

I am working on one Asp.net Website(C#). I just want to use your Dimdim code in my website. I have downloded your source code.

How do I use your source code in my website.
          Please Guide me how can I do this. It's urgent.

Waiting for your reply.

Thankx
      Deep jyoti
      +91-9343543807
      deepjyoti81@gmail.com
      Bangalore