Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Share from one PC, but not the other

Help
golfinguy
2007-03-11
2013-05-01
  • golfinguy
    golfinguy
    2007-03-11

I had tested sharing out applications and the desktop from both my desktop and laptop, but now only my laptop can share.  When I use the desktop to 'publish' the conference it tells me that everything is sharing ok, but participants don't see anything.  Audio works, but sharing does not.

When I 'publish' the conference from my laptop sharing works just fine (audio doesn't, but that may be for other reasons).

Any ideas?

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-03-13

Hi,
      Thank you for your feedback.
      Are you using the same browser on both the desktop and the laptop?
      Were you able to successfully install the publisher (ActiveX control) on both the machines? This is necessary for the share to occur.
      The participants are not able to see the share - are they receiving a black screen or do they have the default dimdim screen? If they have a black screen, it is possible there may be an overlapping window covering the shared application. This should not happen for desktop sharing.

Would it be possible for you to grant me access to your dimdim instance so I can help debug? Please drop me a mail at uday(at)dimdim.com

Regards,
      Uday

• golfinguy
      golfinguy
      2007-03-14

Same results with both Firefox and IE on both machines.  The publisher did install correctly, as it worked at one time just not anymore.  The participants see the default dimdim screen.

Sorry, not access at this time from the outside.