Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

How about the DimDim hardware requirement?

Help
sshgz
2007-09-20
2013-05-01
  • sshgz
    sshgz
    2007-09-20

I want to install DimDim for online meeting.
    What is the DimDim Server hardware requirements for 50 clients online?
    What is for 100 clients online?

Thanks.

• Hello,

Thanks for your interest towards Dimdim.

Regarding your qurey,
      Conference Server:
              You need a Windows XP/2003/2000 or Linux machine for installing the conference server. A minimum of 100 MB space is required. Minimum RAM Memory of 512 MB.

Presenter:
             Supported versions of Browser and OS. For now, Start of a meeting (presenter) can be done only from Windows. The supported browsers are IE (6,7), Firefox 1.5 and above. Support for Presenters in Firefox and MAC Safari is under development and will be released soon.

Attendee:
           Supported versions of Browser and OS. For now, join meeting (attendee) can be done from Widows / Linux. Support for MAC Safari attendee is under development and will be released soon.

Bandwidth:
      A minimum of 100kbps (upload / download) bandwidth is required for starting or joining a meeting.

For comparison between Open source version and Enterprise version, please refer to http://www.dimdim.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=66

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, feel free to mail me at rajesh@dimdim.com or my colleague Sundar - Co-founder and Dimdim's Director of Business Development.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com