Changing email sent to attendees

Help
2006-11-17
2013-05-01
  • Gus Thompson
    Gus Thompson
    2006-11-17

Is there a way to alter the html formated email that is sent to the "presenter" and the attendees?
    I would like to include other links in the body of the email.
    I would also like it to disply the the name of the sender that was configured.

TIA!

• dimdim_jay
      dimdim_jay
      2006-11-18

Hello

Yes, we have a template file that is used by the server to create the emails. The file is 'InvitationTemplate.html' in the dimdim webapp directory. You can modify it to enter any html text. Of course you need to be careful to not modify the string tokens that are replaced by appropriate meeting specifications by the server before sending the url. Besides that rest of the content will be used as is.

At present same template is used for presenter and attendees. We will provide more configurable templates in future.

Name of the sender, essentialy the display name used while starting the meeting, is included in the email. First line of the invitation email should be:

'<Sender name> has invited you to attend a dimdim web meeting'.

If you dont see this line, could you please forward the email you are seeing to 'jay@dimdim.com' and I will see what the problem is.

Thanks,
      -Jayant.