Cannot load page from internet

Help
dmedraft
2007-09-07
2013-05-01
  • dmedraft
    dmedraft
    2007-09-07

My clients cannot access the dimdim meeting by clicking on the link in the email invitation.
    They get "page cannot be displayed"
    Is there a port that I need to open on my dsl router?
    Any other help would be appreciated.

Dean

• Hello Dean,

Thanks for using Dimdim. From the problem you were describing, i think you have Dimdim conference server deployed on a network that is not accessible across internet.

Try this:
      Telnet to the following ip address from the machine where you are trying to join (the join link provided in email invite) and let us know the result.
      c:\telnet <dimdim conference server ip> <dimdim conference server port number>

Regardss,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

• dmedraft
        dmedraft
        2007-09-07

Rajesh,
          Sorry, but you are talking to a real beginner. I have no clue what telnet is or what to do from your instructions. I am willing to learn though. Can you give me more of a beginners step by step?

Thanks,
        Dean

• annlynnd
        annlynnd
        2007-12-17

Hi Rajesh,

I had a same problem like dmedraft. i already did the telnet that u asked. I got the message "Could not open the connection to the host, on port 23"connection fail.
        For your info i'using port 8080.

Thanks for ur help

• Hello Dean,

No problem. Could you please follow the steps as mentioned below:
      1. Open a command prompt. This can be done by pressing the window keyboard button and R
      2. Type the command - cmd
      3. A command prompt will be opened
      4. type telnet <dimdim ip address or hostname> <dimdim port number>

TELNET is a client-server protocol, based on a reliable connection-oriented transport. Typically this is TCP port 23, although TELNET predates TCP/IP and was originally run on NCP. You can refer to the link http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc854.html for more details regarding telnet.

If you are facing with any issues, feel free to mail me at rajesh@dimdim.com.

Regards,
      -Rajesh
      rajesh@dimdim.com

• Carlos Vazquez
      Carlos Vazquez
      2008-01-31

I'm familiar with telnet but i can't connect to this port via telnet nor the invitation link within mynetwork