Help
njmcgee
2007-03-15
2013-05-01
  • njmcgee
    njmcgee
    2007-03-15

Hi there,

Thanks for the wonderful open source program.

I'm having trouble with people joining my conference. I'm hosting the server on the IP my modem/router specifies on port 80. (This was the default setting during the install).

I have port 80 forwarded but when people try and click on the join link they get 'connection timed out'.

I tried turning my firewall off which also did not seem to help.

Any ideas?

Nathan
    Canberra, Australia

• Hi Nathan,

Thanks for using Dimdim.

Could you please let us know the following:

1. In which platform the Conference Server is installed?
      2. Could you please brief your deployment of the Conference server and were you able to reach the hosted machine   across the network/internet?
      3. Are you able to start the meeting and send email-invites?
      4. Can you provide us the wrapper.log to rajesh(@)dimdim.com which is available at \Dimdim\Conference Server\Tomcat 5.5\logs

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• njmcgee
      njmcgee
      2007-03-16

Thanks for your quick response.

1. Windows XP
      2. Basically I would run the Conference Server which seemed to work ok. Then I would host a meeting. I could reach the meeting if I was to open another browser and join from the same computer. The issue seemed to be something to do with people accross the internet accessing my ip/meeting.
      3. Meeting started fine. Webcam worked fine. My friend also tried hosting and was also able to host but again, no one across the internet could join.
      I dont have an smtp mail server so I skipped the email section. My colleague though was able to send me invites when he was hosting. When I would click on his invite, 'Connection timed out'.
      5. Email and attachment sent.

• Hello Nathan,

I received your log file. There is no problem in starting a meeting. Could you please brief me your network? You can Start and join a meeting within a network. If you want to host a meeting across the internet, you should have a domain name.

Regards,
      -Rajesh

• madpak1
      madpak1
      2007-04-15

hello im having very similar problems did u manage to sort thru this, could u email me at madpak@xtra.co.nz with the fix or just leave a post here i guess.

thanks aaron