Thanks for the wonderful open source program.
I'm having trouble with people joining my conference. I'm hosting the server on the IP my modem/router specifies on port 80. (This was the default setting during the install).
I have port 80 forwarded but when people try and click on the join link they get 'connection timed out'.
I tried turning my firewall off which also did not seem to help.
Thanks for using Dimdim.
Could you please let us know the following:
1. In which platform the Conference Server is installed?
2. Could you please brief your deployment of the Conference server and were you able to reach the hosted machine across the network/internet?
3. Are you able to start the meeting and send email-invites?
4. Can you provide us the wrapper.log to rajesh(@)dimdim.com which is available at \Dimdim\Conference Server\Tomcat 5.5\logs
Thanks for your quick response.
1. Windows XP
2. Basically I would run the Conference Server which seemed to work ok. Then I would host a meeting. I could reach the meeting if I was to open another browser and join from the same computer. The issue seemed to be something to do with people accross the internet accessing my ip/meeting.
3. Meeting started fine. Webcam worked fine. My friend also tried hosting and was also able to host but again, no one across the internet could join.
I dont have an smtp mail server so I skipped the email section. My colleague though was able to send me invites when he was hosting. When I would click on his invite, 'Connection timed out'.
5. Email and attachment sent.
I received your log file. There is no problem in starting a meeting. Could you please brief me your network? You can Start and join a meeting within a network. If you want to host a meeting across the internet, you should have a domain name.
hello im having very similar problems did u manage to sort thru this, could u email me at email@example.com with the fix or just leave a post here i guess.