Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Using DimDim for my company

2007-07-13
2013-05-01
  • Captain_Liu
    Captain_Liu
    2007-07-13

Hi, I'm a IT guy in my company, i'm currently developing the new Training system which
    includs an online interactive video conferencing. Dimdim looks very interesting and
    i'm wondering if it's ok to adopt it and make some change to put it onto our website.
    Thanks.

Allen

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-08-07

Allen,

Sorry for the late response.
      You can definitely adopt Dimdim and use it - we release under the Mozilla Public License with Attribution and any changes within the scope of this are fine.
      In case you are looking for any specific features or for support, please email my colleague sundar@dimdim.com (Dimdim's Director of Business Development) or me.

Regards,
      Uday
      uday(at)dimdim.com

• thor918
        thor918
        2007-10-05

Allen, if it's released "Mozilla Public License"

why does it list as:
        License : Other/Proprietary License
        on the sourceforge site?

Proprietary="Proprietary software (also called non-free software or closed-source software) is software with restrictions on using, copying and modifying as enforced by the proprietor. Restrictions on use, modification and copying are achieved by either legal or technical means and sometimes both."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software

• Dave Mitchell
      Dave Mitchell
      2008-02-27

the license terms are not clear. what are the terms for using for a business purpose ? is rebranding allowed ? should we display original credits ?