Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Interactivity in Desktop Shared ???

InnoP
2007-02-08
2013-05-01
  • InnoP
    InnoP
    2007-02-08

Hi Rohit,

Thanks you for you help.
    I finally could install dimdim server. Video and voice work fine ! However, Shared Desktop is not interactive like VNC or TS on Windows. 
    Is it possible to set up it ?

Thank

• dimdim_uday
      dimdim_uday
      2007-03-23

Hello InnoP,
      Sorry for the delay in the response to your post.
      Please use the publisher bar settings to change the network settings to "LAN", "enable mouse tracking" to have a more interactive session. Please note that this will consume a lot more bandwidth since it will send frequent screen refreshes.
      Regards,
      Uday

• Eiermann
        Eiermann
        2007-08-27

hello,
        can i use this function permanently? I didn´t found the file, where this function can be set.
        Maybe you can tell me.
        regards
        Marko

• andygreaves
      andygreaves
      2007-11-12

Hello,

I have come across the same issue as above with the desktop sharing. It is taking about 30 secs to connect to the desktop (i.e. Moodle demos)& approx 20sec per screen change.

You mention above that this functionality will require further bandwidth. Do you have any recommendations re amount & do you mean on the server or for the student (end user)?

I am looking to integrate dimdim with Moodle. I have been testing dimdim standalone with software on our servers but I am not really an IT chap.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Andy Greaves