what about 5.0 open source?

MassimoM
2009-04-04
2013-05-01
  • MassimoM
    MassimoM
    2009-04-04

Is it possible to know if 5.0 OS will be published soon?
    TNX

• juviarda
      juviarda
      2009-04-06

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      zzzzzzzzzzzz
      zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      zzzzzzzzzzzzz
      Ain't nobody there; this is just IT ;
      I switched to Vmukti; a bit more hasslesome with installation, but once you get it, it's a lot better and has more features with frequent updates; nothing to hide.
      I used to think that dimdim was the one for me , but now, I'm not willing to bet my whole life waiting for them to release a decent windows compiled executive.
      I used to follow web-huddle and it was pretty good , but needed some tweaking and probably more functions, but the guys just stopped since 2005 and the project has been dead ever since; but even that born in mind, it is still functional and you can deploy it with text/audio chat and whiteboard sharing, and it comes with a LAMP stack.
      Sorry DIMDIM, this is not a bashing party, but the truth that you won't even dare to tell it to your supporters.

• sudo_root
    sudo_root
    2010-02-28

How sad.. :( Well, have to look out for other solutions then I guess?

Thanx for the tip juviarda!

• Nick
    Nick
    2010-05-27

Yeah…Dimdim seems to have abandoned the OpenSource aspect of their software.  I've repeatedly attempted to contact them directly about it, and have never received any response to my inquiries.  The silence is very, very telling.

Anyone interested in grabbing the source and forking it into a new project?  Sounds like a challenge and an opportunity!  I don't know exactly what license the open source version is released under, but, as long as we can get that out of the way, it may be a good opportunity…

• Marco Rojas
    Marco Rojas
    2010-05-28

I will not bother with this company, we paid them a lot of money for a customized site and after 7 months they just came back saying that they were shutting down or site and that we had to use their default one.  Customer support is awful and if they don't respond to paying customers I can't ever see them replying to non-paying ones.

That's my 2 cents.

• Rob Frierson
    Rob Frierson
    2010-06-18

It is SOOO outdated, and even their own sales people have admitted that they are no longer supporting the community version, which is in total violation of the GPL license under which it was originally created.
       Don't lose hope though!  There is a newer and much better version of an opensource web-meeting system called "Big Blue Button" at www.bigbluebutton.org.
       We are working with them to help us migrate away from Dimdim to their much faster and smoother platform.  The video quality is 100% better than Dimdim, and their support staff is fantastic!
       Screw Dimdim, and let them hang themselves with their abandonment of the community that got them to where they are now.  GoToMeeting, WebEx, BBB and Cisco will kill them off anyway! 
       Don't let the crooks at Dimdim get you down! Just leave them behind and help drive the revolution with the "Big Blue Button"!