Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GPL version

2007-11-08
2013-05-01
  • David Kelso
    David Kelso
    2007-11-08

Hi dimdim team.

Just wondering on which version the GPL starts applying to the code? Is it on any of the currently released version?
    Also wondering if this means the CVS repository and the developer builds will be kept more up to date (due to the source code publishing requirement of the GPL)?

Thanks
    David

• Stephen Yale
      Stephen Yale
      2007-11-08

I was so enthusiastic when I read on the web about DimDim many moons ago. Everything was always tomorrow. Alpha release next week...Beta release in September etc etc. The beta release that they have right now is installed on their own servers and is not offered to the community. I am saddened by this. So much for a community version. Someone somewhere has realized its potential and now we have an enterprise version with no similar community version. I am getting tired of waiting and hope that someone else has another offering. When I became interested in DimDim, I told everybody. Now I say nothing.

Stephen

• dimdim_uday
        dimdim_uday
        2007-11-08

Hello Stephen
        Thank you for your interest in dimdim.
        I apologize for the delay in the release cycle.

The current Beta Version is offered as a hosted software as a service. The same functionality will be made available shortly to the Community via Sourceforge Downloads as a Community Edition.
        We are working on packaging and testing the software - there has been significant additions from the prior alpha version which has increased the time to release.

The initial Community edition will be available for download within the next 2 weeks with CentOS 4.5 Linux as the first supported server platform.

Regards,

Uday
        uday(at)dimdim.com
        dimdim Director of Operations.

• Stephen Yale
          Stephen Yale
          2007-11-09

I await with eager anticipation Uday. I have already prepped a box with CentOS 4.5

Regrads,
          Stephen

• Dan Ames
      Dan Ames
      2007-11-08

David, I've started looking at ConferenceXP from MS.  Could be an interesting alternative or companion for Dim Dim...  - Dan

• deep
      deep
      2007-11-27

Hello.

I am working on one Asp.net Website(C#). I just want to use your Dimdim code in my website. I have downloded your source code.

How do I use your source code in my website.
          Please Guide me how can I do this. It's urgent.

Waiting for your reply.

Thankx
      Deep jyoti
      +91-9343543807
      deepjyoti81@gmail.com
      Bangalore