Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

dimdim on NAT

2009-03-20
2013-05-01
  • Hi All,

I would like to ask if it is possible to NAT the ip of the dimdim using an external box like cisco router?

Inside the dimdim there was a NAT configuration script.

./configure-ipaddress.pl externalIP port internalIP

this will work only for External Access which is outside the Internal Network. Local IP will not anymore be accessible.

Normally, if i configured a local ip address for the dimdim and make a NAT configuration on the cisco router, Lan can still be accessed by the local users and external/public ip can only be accessed by external users.

My goal is to let the internal users access the dimdim through its internal IP and external users through its external IP.

It would be very helpful to solve this problem.

Thanks!

• Mike
      Mike
      2009-03-20

do

./configure-ipaddress.pl yourdimdimhostname.yourdomain.com 80

then set your internal and external DNS to return the internal and external IPs (respectively)

• Hi evry body ,
    I have the same problem as asterguy

have solved this problem  !!!!

Plz Let me know.
    Best regards

• how to make dimdim Server accessed both internal and external IP ???

when i configured a NAT on a cisco router , dimdim become accessible only by external users . internal users can't access.
    for outside access there is a script for mapping public ip (router) to internal ip ( dimdim server)
    Inside the dimdim there was a NAT configuration script.

./configure-ipaddress.pl externalIP port internalIP
    my aim is  to let the internal users access the dimdim through its internal IP and external users through its external IP.

thank you for your help

• mo asad
    mo asad
    2011-05-10

Hello;
    Where you able to make any progress?
    Would you please share.
    since DimDim has removed all the latest open-source solutions from thier sites; we need to learn/expermiment and Share!
    thank you very much.