Menu

Remove log4net support

Help
VJP
2013-07-02
2013-07-03
  • VJP

VJP - 2013-07-02

The log4net included in older and confliects with Log4net in another project. Is there a way to remove need and dependance on log4net?

Thanks

• MJB van Ettinger

A few years ago when I updated the toolkit to the most recent DICOM specs. I already bumped into the log4net part of the toolkit.

Well in my opinion we will not miss much when we remove it, but probably require some coding to provide another way to log in the DICOM# project.

• VJP

VJP - 2013-07-02

How hard would it be for me to get source and change it so that it depends on the latest version of log4net? That might resolve my confict.

• VJP

VJP - 2013-07-02

I just got source, converted project to VS2010, removed log4net references and dll.
        Then I added latest log4net via NuGet, and it compiled ok. Just need to test it.

• MJB van Ettinger

That was a very goal oriented approach. Me like the effort, but still I think it would be nice to just remove the log4net dependency once and for all.

I should pick this up when I got some sparetime. It is also time for a new release of the DICOM# library.

Last edit: MJB van Ettinger 2013-07-03