Menu

DNS by Dual Server, but DHCP by other service/server

Help
2015-11-07
2015-11-07
  • Vasya Tararin

Vasya Tararin - 2015-11-07

Hi! I cant figure out, how I can do this? I have ready worked DNS server with Dual Server, but DHCP server on my router wich I can't dissable.
    But I need a DNS-server for DNS-clients with with dynamic IP and name resolving. Is exist any way to obtain dynamic IP addresses from DHCP server on my router to Dual Server?
    Thanks!

Last edit: Vasya Tararin 2015-11-07
  • Achal Dhir

Achal Dhir - 2015-11-07

Hi Vasya,

There is always a way to disabe DHCP Server on Router. Once there is another DHCP Server on the network, Dual Server will compete with it and depening on speed, anyone can allocate address. if you want to use Dual Server only as DNS Server, you need enable only DNS Service but in your Router's DHCP Server you need to specify Listening IP of Dual server as DNS Server.

Thanks
    Achal

• Vasya Tararin

Vasya Tararin - 2015-11-07

Under words "cant dissable" I mean it required to have router as HDCP server, for suitable require in our office. We have "external local network" what used our router for peaking up to "internal local network"...
    I understand , what fact what I can change whole settings in both local networks, but I think its will be very harddddddd.......
    So... because I want to have just DNS-server for easing my work.
    Anyway, thank you for answer AND VERY thank you for you work and time for DualServer software.
    I will try to implement you suggest.
    (Sorry for my english ((((( )

Last edit: Vasya Tararin 2015-11-07