Project Management

Venti47
2006-06-22
2012-12-07
  • Venti47
    Venti47
    2006-06-22

Hello,

I found this project couple days ago and I have been playing around with it.  Everything looks terrific.

However, I had 2 questions/requests

1.  Is it possible to create a new type in syntax highlighter? Where do I define what is considered to be comment block and string block, etc..

2.  I am not sure how project management works with DevPHP.  Is there anyway to have something similar to project file list like the one found in MS visual studio?  I use this list to keep track of files that I edited so that when I need to commit the changes to cvs, I don't leave anything out.

Thanks in advance.

• Urs Mäder
      Urs Mäder
      2006-06-22

1. Is it possible to create a new type in syntax highlighter? Where do I define what is considered to be comment block and string block, etc..
      Answer: no syntax highlightning is hard-coded in synedit.

2. I am not sure how project management works with DevPHP. Is there anyway to have something similar to project file list like the one found in MS visual studio? I use this list to keep track of files that I edited so that when I need to commit the changes to cvs, I don't leave anything out.
      Answer: the project managment is folder based with a *.prd-File in ini-Format. you have a folder on the webserver and a folder locally that will have the same content. you can sync this with ftp and you have a preview for the local and the server side.
      First you need to set the local-webserver-path in the options. you can save the current state in a *.prd -file last stored project will be automatically loaded on next programm start. if you want load another project you can load the stored *.prd - File. the last loaded project-files will be listed in the menu "File->reopen Project" if you never save a project then you will be asked for a projectpath and project.prd is saved in this folder.