Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

IIS6 php 5.3.1 nts vc9, debug toolbar error

Help
2010-01-08
2012-12-07
  • Spyros Tsolis
    Spyros Tsolis
    2010-01-08

I setup windows 2003 x86 sp2 and php 5.3.1 at c:\php. I also setup mysql and all is working good and I see a test page output from test.php.
    Now I'm trying to debug a test page with Dev-PHP 2.4.0 and I download the php_xdebug-2.1.0beta1-5.3-vc9-nts.dll both at c:\php and c:\php\ext. The debug toolbar doesn't show but the menu "Debug Toolbar" is cheked. I also set the PHP Parser at the options to c:\php\php-cgi.exe (because I need to debug a simple web application) and the Xdebug DLL to C:\PHP\ext\php_xdebug-2.1.0beta1-5.3-vc9-nts.dll. I also save the php.ini with debbuging info set to on. When I switch to Internal Preview tab I also see the out from test.php. But I don't see variables and simle debug breakpoints dosen't work. Also as I say there is no debug toolbar. I also setup PHP-GTK and PiGii huge built at 07-jan-2010 with no results in debugging. When I press F5 at php-dev the Dev-PHP application respond with error message with title "php-cgi.exe - Unable To Locate Component" and "This application has failed to start because gmodule-2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I did not setup the isapi dll for the PHP language at the IIS6 because the isapi dll are aborted and now they use the open project fastcgi . I can also give admin remote access to the server with terminal services to experiment with this issue. Please help me.

• Spyros Tsolis
    Spyros Tsolis
    2010-01-09

I always read the docs before try anything :)
    But I will try older versions. Please, give me the versions numbers that working correcty with debugging and IIS6, if you know such a version.  Which php exactly, which xdebug etc. I think that is my problem (I mean that my setup has something bad in it), but I'm stuck without little help.

Kind regards,
    Spyros.

• > Please, give me the versions numbers that working correcty
    > with debugging and IIS6
    PiGii ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/pigii/ ) installs customized environments based on "PHP + Xdebug".

Dev-PHP does not need any IIS server. Dev-PHP is (also) a web-server. Dev-PHP executes PHP. PHP executes Xdebug. Dev-PHP commands Xdebug.

Regards,
    Pierre.