Update of /cvsroot/devil-linux/build/scripts/configuration/help
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1:/tmp/cvs-serv24265/scripts/configuration/help
more help files
--- NEW FILE: alsa.help ---
The Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) provides audio and MIDI
functionality to the Linux operating system. ALSA has the following
- Efficient support for all types of audio interfaces, from consumer
soundcards to professional multichannel audio interfaces.
- Fully modularized sound drivers.
- SMP and thread-safe design.
- User space library (alsa-lib) to simplify application programming
and provide higher level functionality.
- Support for the older OSS API, providing binary compatibility for most
Also included is AlsaPlayer. AlsaPlayer is a new type of PCM player.
It is heavily multi-threaded and tries to excercise the ALSA library
and driver quite a bit. It has some very interesting features unique
to Linux/Unix players. The goal is to create a fully pluggable
framework for playback of all sorts of media with the focus on PCM audio
Supported file formats
- MP3 files using MADMP3 audio files using the mpg123 based plugin