Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

links to other Viki files in pdfs

Deplate
Edwin
2010-10-04
2013-04-17
  • Edwin
    Edwin
    2010-10-04

I am using deplate to compile a bunch of viki files into pdfs. In general this works fine. Except that links to other viki pages/files don't work, since they are linked to the tex file, not the other pdf files. Is there a good way of solving this?

Cheers, Edwin

• Tom Link
    Tom Link
    2010-10-04

In the current version on github, the suffix variable is used to determine the actual suffix of the referenced file. Please let me know if this causes any problems.

Regards,
    Tom

• Edwin
    Edwin
    2010-10-04

I'd advocate introducing a new variable -link_suffix or something or making the -pdf switch use that suffix automatically for all links. This seems a cleaner solution than setting the suffix of the tex file to pdf, which can confuse a lot of software when you try to open the tex file. Or means you lose/overwrite your source latex file, when compiling, which might still be needed.

Cheers, Edwin

• Tom Link
    Tom Link
    2010-10-04

I was referring to the "suffix" variable. A source file could look like:

#VAR: suffix=pdf
    * Foo
    See [].

If I'm not mistaken, the suffix variable is currently only used for finding out the destination of a wiki link. This is something different than the -suffix command-line switch that sets the suffix of the output file.

The -pdf command-line switch now sets the value of the suffix variable to "pdf".

• Edwin
    Edwin
    2010-10-04

Ah, thanks for the explanation!

Cheers, Edwin