Filebrowser plugin for the DeaDBeeF audio player
Copyright (C) 2011 Jan D. Behrens <email@example.com>
Based on Geany treebrowser plugin:
treebrowser.c - v0.20
Copyright 2010 Adrian Dimitrov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check out the player itself here:
1. Compiling etc.
* To build the plugin from source, you'll need the deadbeef and GTK2 headers
* To get the sources from git, use the following commands:
First donwload: git clone git://deadbeef-fb.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/deadbeef-fb/deadbeef-fb
Update the tree: git pull
* Then just follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.
Basically, you need to run
to compile the sources. After that, the plugin is ready for install.
* To enable support for the new GTK3 user interface of Deadbeef, use the --enable-gtk3
flag on configure (for compatibility reasons, the GTK3 version is disabled yb default):
Then continue as described above.
* You can either use one of the provided install scripts, or use
"make install" as mentioned in the INSTALL file.
* To quickly install the plugin into your home directory, use the
"userinstall.sh" script. You don't need to be root to do that!
It will put the plugin file into $HOME/.local/lib/deadbeef/.
* To quickly install the plugin into your system directory, use the
It will put the plugin file into /usr/local/lib/deadbeef/.
* If you want to install the plugin into your system directory (e.g. /usr),
it's better to compile the program and use "make install", as this
also takes care of other files like translations!
* If DeaDBeeF stops working after you've installed the plugin, just
remove the .so file from the appropriate directory mentioned above.