Filebrowser plugin for the DeaDBeeF audio player
Available on SF.net and GitLab:
Binary and source releases for download:
Please report bugs or post feature requests on GitLab:
Copyright (C) 2011-2015 Jan D. Behrens <email@example.com>
Based on Geany treebrowser plugin:
treebrowser.c - v0.20
Copyright 2010 Adrian Dimitrov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check out the player itself here:
1. Compiling etc.
* You can also grab the binary archive with the precompiled plugin
if you don't want to compile for yourself. See below how to install
the plugin when you already have the binary files.
* To build the plugin from source, you'll need the deadbeef and
GTK2/GTK3 headers (deadbeef-dev, libgtk2.0-dev, libgtk3.0-dev).
* To get the sources from git, use the following commands:
First donwload: git clone git://deadbeef-fb.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/deadbeef-fb/deadbeef-fb
Update the tree: git pull
* Then just follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.
Basically, you need to run
to compile the sources. After that, the plugin is ready for install.
* By default, both GTK2 and GTK3 versions of the plugin are built. You
can disable either one by passing the --disable-gtk2|3 flag to
Then continue as described above.
* You can either use one of the provided install scripts, or use
"make install" as mentioned in the INSTALL file.
* To quickly install the plugin into your home directory, use the
"userinstall.sh" script. You don't need to be root to do that!
It will put the plugin file into $HOME/.local/lib/deadbeef/.
* To quickly install the plugin into your system directory, use the
It will put the plugin file into /usr/local/lib/deadbeef/.
* If you want to install the plugin into your system directory (e.g.
/usr), it's better to compile the program and use "make install", as
this also takes care of other files like translations! By default,
the plugin will be installed to /usr/local/ using this method.
* If DeaDBeeF stops working after you've installed the plugin, just
remove the .so file from the directory you choosed above.