can't find web page using host name

Help
Nitewalker
2008-06-16
2013-01-14
  • Nitewalker
    Nitewalker
    2008-06-16

I can't see my site from the WAN unless they enter the IP address. If you enter smj2.homeip.net it doesn't load, but if you put in the current listed IP address it does. I am using Ubuntu 8.04, Apache2 Web Server, and ddclient configured per suggested conf file from dyndns for my site. I have a Dlink 624 wireless router for my wirless laptop and the Web Server is hook to it thru the DSL modem? I have read about all I can and still cant' get it to work, any assistance would sure be helpfu

• Nitewalker
      Nitewalker
      2008-06-16

I am new so forgive my question but do I need to install SSL on my Web Server before ddclinet will work?

• wimpunk
        wimpunk
        2008-06-16

Your question isn't ddclient related.  Ddclient just makes resolving of your domain possible.  It has nothing to do with your apache server.  I think you'll have to contact some apache2 mailinglist or ubuntu forum to get help.

• Nitewalker
      Nitewalker
      2008-06-16

Thanks, I was hoping that someone here could help get me on the right track, but it looks like its back to the drawing boards.

• wimpunk
        wimpunk
        2008-06-16

Put I've putted you on the right track.  If you configured ddclient correctly and your host resolves correctly and it works with your IP, it's just a misconfiguration in apache.  There's mostly an easy fix for it depending on your distribution so either contact the ubuntu community or the apache mailing list.  That's the place where you will find the correct help.