Menu

DOCS Issues

2007-10-07
2012-12-07
  • M. Scott Roth

M. Scott Roth - 2007-10-07

Hi Scott

First of all I wanted to say thank you very much for developing the DOCS utility. I recently installed it and I can definitely see me using it a lot. The feature set is excellent and you’ve even produced documentation!

I’ve experienced one minor bug though so I thought that I would report it. The Sourceforge forum looks unused so I hope you don’t mind me emailing you.

Issuing the command “cd ..” causes a fatal error (ERROR: An error occured in: processCommand… Object reference not set to an instance of an object.). DOCS shuts down on hitting enter.

I have some suggestions as well:

1. Exceptions (e.g. stack traces) are not written to the log. This could be useful for bug reporting/fixing.
    2. Add support for trusted login
    3. Allow user to specify docbase id instead of docbase name (yes, I’m that lazy..)
    4. Allow user to paste password from clipboard (handy if you’re pasting from keepass)
    5. Add support for pwd and/or update command prompt to include the current path
    6. Add support for path completion J

I noted in your documentation that you were interested in doing some TDD. You probably know this already but there are some useful TDD related articles in dm_developer. I think that the dctmutils guys used JUnit for their stuff. I gather that Nunit and Rhino Mocks are a popular combination in .Net.

By the way, can you let me know what you think of Sourceforge hosting? I’m toying with the idea of developing some Documentum related stuff - either a migration utility or integration with JVM-based scripting language.

Regards
    Mark

• M. Scott Roth

M. Scott Roth - 2007-10-30

This should be fixed in 2.1.