Products not displaying in other users ticket

Help
2012-12-18
2012-12-24
  • Hello,

I've discovered a bug regarding "roles", users and missing products. Here's a video :

http://www.evplus.si/temp/bug-dcl01.ogv

In the left window the user has Administrator privileges, in the right windows the user has only privileges shown in the video.

Using :
    - dcl-0.9.5RC14
    - CentOS release 6.1 (Final)
    - Apache/2.2.15
    - php-5.3.3-3.el6_2.8.i686
    - mysql-5.1.61

Let me know if you need any more info ;)

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

• This is a design issue.  When you select View (Organizations) in tickets or work orders, the product list (along with work orders and tickets) are restricted to the items associated with the user record's contact organizations.  This option  should be called Restrict to Organization.  We use this at work to give third parties (customers, partners, etc) access to our installation without letting them see all of our products.  We can control what products they see, and by restricting to organization, what work orders and tickets they can see for those products.

Try unchecking the View (Organizations) option in tickets.  If you have a use case for changing the design, let me know.  I'm open to making a change if it would help.

• I think that may be because you need view permission for organizations and contacts. However, DCL should probably fill in that information if the user doesn't have permissions to view those items.

• Hello Michael,

I have added the view permissions for Organization and contacts and now everything works fine :)

Thanks for your help.