Keyboard not responding after wipe

Help
Cherisse
2014-04-12
2014-05-06
  • Cherisse
    Cherisse
    2014-04-12

I have successfully wiped the hard drive with dban but now that it's complete it says press enter to continue and Dban does not recognize my keyboard so what should I do? I think it wants to reboot...? I'm using 2.2.8.

• D Robinson
    D Robinson
    2014-04-15

Reinstall your drivers. It may help.

• Are you booting from a CD? If so, which menu option did you choose? If not, what kernel boot parameters did you use, in whatever boot method (eg. PXE) that you used?

I've run into at least one instance where the "nousb" seemed to interfere with the keyboard interaction. Unfortunately this is a remote-KVM solution from Dell, so I'm not sure if it emulates USB keyboard or not.

To tell the truth, if it's done with the wipe process, I don't think there's anything further to do. You can just shut off or reboot the computer, etc. if you want.

Lloyd

• Alice Farmer
    Alice Farmer
    2014-05-06

So I'm having a similar issue. After the wipe I was prompted to manually shut down. I did so, took the disc out and then restarted. After I did it said to insert disc. So I did and it just ran the wipe again. I'm planning to sell it so I wanted to know how to get it back to a functioning PC?