Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

DBAN won't run

Help
mjac13
2013-04-13
2013-05-21
  • mjac13
    mjac13
    2013-04-13

So I've downloaded dban-2.2.7_i586, mounted the ISO on Daemon tools lite, burned it to a CD-R using Astroburn Lite, set my laptop to boot from disk first, popped in the disk and restarted my computer, but after the logo of my laptop flashes, all I see is a black screen with a white underscore constantly blinking.

I've read that I should press F10, but when I do (or any key) I just hear this really faint 'tok' that when I hold the key, I hear something like a really tiny woodpecker working on some trunk. My CD-ROM doesn't work at times, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong or it's just my CD-ROM that's to blame.

I'm running DBAN on a really old Asus F80Q laptop with Windows Vista OS

Thanks for any help in advance

• Nate
    Nate
    2013-04-15

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend using DBAN. That's what I used to use. I've moved up to a certified data erasure tool called WipeDrive. (http://www.whitecanyon.com/whitecanyon-home-consumer) It's been extremely simple to use so hopefully it works out well for you too. Good luck!