Getting started

Help
lacieman
2013-08-03
2013-08-23
  • lacieman
    lacieman
    2013-08-03

Ok, I'm not a super tech person but can get by pretty well. I have a 4 year old PC, I just wanted to wipe the drive and start over with a new windows install. However, the boot disc is just not working.

I've made 3 passes at it so far with the latest version, follow the instructions and am getting really frustrated. Is there a particular list of the files that I should see on my boot disc so I can make sure I have the right ones showing up? I've done the .iso per instructions, I've extracted the files to the DVD. I've gone to my boot and had it load from CD-ROM and switched to DVD (I only have one but have re-prioritized because I honestly don't know which one the system considers 'real' I guess it's the DVD).

So I've gone through 3 DVD's, and the best I can do is a prompt telling me to insert the boot disc. I've about had it but want to be patient.

At this point, I'm considering getting an external drive kit, connecting it to an old PC and reformatting it and then simply installing on the drive. It sucks, I'd much rather wipe it totally and start over.

Any thoughts? I just don't want to keep going through DVD's for no reason. It's not the money, it's just the waste of time and energy at this point.

Thanks all.

• Buckethead
      Buckethead
      2013-08-23

What are you using to burn the cd (program)? I have posted a pic as too the files you should see. The "insert a boot disk" message means the system can not detect anything that it can boot to. Also try making sure all connections inside are secure.

Attachments