I wiped two hard disks using version 2.2.6 beta.
Then I realized version 2.2.7 beta is out.
I looked for, but could not find a list of changes between versions.
* Is it safe to wipe hard disks with 2.2.6 beta?
* Was 2.2.6 final ever released?
* Do I need to wipe the disks again using 2.2.7 beta?
These are standard SATA disks - DBAN reported that the wipe succeeded with no issues.
It is perfectly safe to use 2.2.6 beta and any other earler version of DBAN. They all do the same thing. Newer versions, however, added additional capabilities and compatibilities to wipe newer and additional types of hard drives including external drives connected via USB port. So, if you used an earlier version and it said the wipe succeeded, then you are good. The drive has been wiped so no need to do it again with an newer version. I'm not sure if 2.2.6 final ever released, but in your case you don't need it. Keep using what you have since it works.
Only differences between 2.2.6 and 2.2.7 are:
1. isolinux was updated in order to fix bugs 3151269 and 3137285 (boot issue on some PCs).
2. Blancco Ltd ad was added at the end of erasure.
So, erasure module was not touched at all.