db2 missing in PHP latest win build

Help
2009-06-15
2013-04-05
  • amr roushdi
    amr roushdi
    2009-06-15

Hi ,
    I downladed the latest PHP 5.292 windows and DB2 driver is not there However there is an ODBC driver and in the description says odbc for IBM DB2 & unix ODBC .
    I downloaded The 5.2.6 version of PHP and DB2 driver is there will try it and tell you.
    am eager to test this product .
    thanks

• I have the same problem ... The latest version of PHP (PHP installer 5.2.9-2) has no extension ibm_db2 ... Where is it?

PHP installer 5.2.9-x     NO
      PHP installer 5.2.8-x     NO
      PHP installer 5.2.6-x     YES

Why ?

• Who ever was running pecl4win (the PHP extension build server) shut it down about 8 months ago, since that time there have been no PHP extension built and distributed with the PHP installer. The IBM team who builds the ibm_db2 driver does not have approval or a location where they can distribute a build externally. We have been working with them to provide a location and get approval from our end so that we can host windows binaries file until the PHP team works out a replacement system. At this time we a just waiting for a few documents from the driver team to get final legal approval to do this.

Older version of the IBM_DB2 driver are distributed with DB2 as well as the CLI package available here:

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/pick.do?lang=en_US&source=swg-idsc11&S_TACT=appdphp&S_CMP=ibm_im

We are working on it and I know it is a big pain point.

Regards,
      Matthew Vandenbussche

• Thanks Matthew, but...

I installed

APACHE 2.2.x
      PHP installer 5.2.6-x  (with ibm_db2 extension)

and I followed the instructions in the book DB2MCWinSetupInstructions.pdf and the error message I get is:

Internet Explorer -> http://localhost/db2mc/index.php

"The ibm_db2 PHP module was not found"

also made instrcuciones of the Troubleshooting and the error is the same:

"The ibm_db2 PHP module was not found"

You can help me ???

E:\Program Files\PHP\ext
      php_ibm_db2.dll

E:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\db2mc
      action.php
      actions
      actionScripts
      base
      config.php
      connectionStore
      css
      html
      images
      index.php
      js
      LICENSE
      menu
      preferences
      queryfiles
      tableDefinitions
      tutorials
      XSD

I belong to the group administrator of the system and the APACHE service run with my account

PATH=E:\Program Files\PHP\ext;

Thanks,

• PHP should set up everything fine. It is possible that apaches has not been restarted or it is using a different php.ini file.

Type php -m on the command line you should see ibm_db2 there if you do you just need to restart apache.

if all that works create a test.php file and place within it the following:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

and call that from you web server. If you do not see the ibm_db2 driver in there check which php.ini file you are using and then look in there to ensure the extension_dir is set properly and the extension is enabled in there. If you make any changes to your php.ini file you will need to restart apache before these changes are picked up.

Otherwise I will have to think about it and I will get back to you tomorrow morning.

Regards
      Matthew Vandenbussche

• The IBM DB2 driver for PHP is now available on our site:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=211760&package_id=327473

• pjbr34
    pjbr34
    2010-04-28

I have had the very same problem and I solved it copying
    C:\program files\PHP\ext\php_ibm_db2.v1.8.2.dll
    as 
    C:\program files\PHP\php_ibm_db2.dll

And  ONLY THEN php -m returned this:

C:\Documents and Settings\PJBR>php -m

bcmath
    calendar
    com_dotnet
    ctype
    date
    dom
    filter
    ftp
    hash
    ibm_db2
    iconv
    json
    libxml
    odbc
    pcre
    Reflection
    session
    SimpleXML
    SPL
    standard
    tokenizer
    wddx
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlwriter
    zlib

And by restarting Apache and refreshing the browser I managed to see finally it recognizes the PHP DB2 driver.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Raul Baron