Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange
gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or
Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through
Outlook Web Access.
DavMail now includes an LDAP gateway to Exchange global address book and user personal
contacts to allow recipient address completion in mail compose window and full calendar
support with attendees free/busy display.
The main goal of DavMail is to provide standard compliant protocols in front of proprietary
Exchange. This means LDAP for global address book, SMTP to send messages, IMAP to browse
messages on the server in any folder, POP to retrieve inbox messages only, Caldav for
calendar support and Carddav for personal contacts sync.
Thus any standard compliant client can be used with Microsoft Exchange.
DavMail gateway is implemented in java and should run on any platform. Releases are tested
on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OSX. Tested successfully with the Iphone
(gateway running on a server).
New keep alive mechanism to avoid most IMAP and POP client timeouts: load large messages
in a separate thread and send a character on client connection every ten seconds. Also
includes some bug fixes, documentation enhancements and experimental Exchange 2013 support.
- OSX: Add a readme.txt file to OSX package to help users temporarily disable Gatekeeper
- Doc: improve OSX setup doc for Mountain Lion
- Update SSL doc, spaces in library path may break Sun PKCS11
- Update linux setup doc for Ubuntu 13 users
- Update server setup doc with detailed davmail.properties file
- Caldav: New workaround for Lightning bug: sleep for 1 second on server unavailable error
- Interrupt message load thread on client connection exception
- IMAP: try to avoid timeout on large message FETCH with a KeepAlive space character
- IMAP: try to avoid timeout on folder SELECT with a KeepAlive space character
- Improve message list count implementation
- Always sort by IMAP uid desc
- POP: load big messages in a separate thread
- EWS: Fix regression in checkEndPointUrl, get /ews/services.wsdl
- Fix for Exchange 2013 support
- EWS: implement SortOrder
- Improve DavMail shell scripts
- Set default file path to /var/log/davmail.log in reference davmail.properties
- Set a default log file size in reference davmail.properties
- Use reference davmail.properties in war file
- Disable broken dist-rpm
- Reference server davmail.properties file
- Add disableUpdateCheck to default davmail.properties file
- Exclude WinRun4J from debian package
- Exclude libgrowl and winrun4J from war package
- Exclude winrun4J from linux packages
- Set davmail.logFileSize to 0 to use an external rotation mechanism, e.g. logrotate
- Merge latest changes from Marcin Dulak
- Archive jsmooth wrappers
- Fix version in spec file