Ever wanted to get rid of Outlook ? DavMail is a POP/IMAP/SMTP/Caldav/Carddav/LDAP exchange
gateway allowing users to use any mail/calendar client (e.g. Thunderbird with Lightning or
Apple iCal) with an Exchange server, even from the internet or behind a firewall through
Outlook Web Access.
DavMail now includes an LDAP gateway to Exchange global address book and user personal
contacts to allow recipient address completion in mail compose window and full calendar
support with attendees free/busy display.
The main goal of DavMail is to provide standard compliant protocols in front of proprietary
Exchange. This means LDAP for global address book, SMTP to send messages, IMAP to browse
messages on the server in any folder, POP to retrieve inbox messages only, Caldav for
calendar support and Carddav for personal contacts sync.
Thus any standard compliant client can be used with Microsoft Exchange.
DavMail gateway is implemented in java and should run on any platform. Releases are tested
on Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OSX. Tested successfully with the Iphone
(gateway running on a server).
Improved Kerberos support and a few bug fixes reported on tracker.
- Add enable Kerberos checkbox to DavMail GUI
- Kerberos read KRB5CCNAME environment variable to set ticket cache path
- Kerberos implement graphical callback on missing token
- Kerberos: Renew almost expired tickets and detect expired TGT in cache => try to relogin
- Kerberos: Handle client context timeout, try to recreate context
- Improve KerberosHelper implementation, prepare credential delegation support
- Try to fix 3606267: New debian dependency with wrong package name
- Fix 3602588, allow oracle-java7-jre
- Fix regression: disable console appender in gui mode
- Use NewIbmX509 on IBM JDK instead of NewSunX509 SSL algorithm implementation
- Fix 3602351, detect missing item
- EWS: do not catch socket exception in executeMethod
- EWS: workaround for Nokia N9 Caldav implementation bug
- DAV: throw error on broken connection
- SMTP: do not allow send as another user on Exchange 2003
- IMAP: exclude Mutt header request from size optimization
- IMAP: change kerberos login error message
- IMAP send error on authentication failed
- Doc: Additional Kerberos documentation
- Initial Kerberos documentation
- Caldav: do not send 401 on authentication error in Kerberos mode