Davmail with iOS7 Devices

Help
Adam Smith
2014-01-15
2014-01-15
  • Adam Smith
    Adam Smith
    2014-01-15

I have recently deployed the latest build of Davmail on a linux machine (from the CLI) in order to get iOS7 devices working with our Public Folder calendars from Exchange 2010.

I've run into an interesting issue where if I setup a new CalDAV calendar on an iOS7 device linking to my own calendar, no events are synced however I am able to create a new event from the device and have it sync and remove the same new event from a different device and have this change reflected also.

When I switch the URL over to our /principals/public/publicalendarname I am getting 2 of literally thousands of events on the Public Folder calendar syncing to the device. At first I believed it was perhaps just a matter of time in order to sync such a large number of events however after close to 48 hours with no changes it seems obvious that there is something else going on.

Tailing the Davmail log file shows me that it is attempting to download 50 "Report items" which I assume represent calendar event entries but as stated above there should be thousands of event items.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Adam