Menu

How to set up authentication access to Exchange site?

Help
Maurice
2014-03-17
2014-04-22
  • Maurice

Maurice - 2014-03-17

Hi, I apologize first--I'm really just a user and not a programmer. I'm trying to connect OSX Mail to OWA. I'm able to get to the OWA sign in page with a URL like this:

https://username:password@amerowa.company.com

How should I set this up in the settings so I can access with Mail?

I will really appreciate any help you can offer.

• Maurice

Maurice - 2014-03-20

Hi, thanks so much for replying. I've been thru the documentation and all I get from OS X mail is a prompt to enter my password. If I could just figure out where to put the username and password I must enter in the browser before it takes me to the OWA sign in page, I think I might be good to go. Is this a proxy thing?

• Mickael Guessant

You don't need to set a username and password in OWA url, DavMail does not store any password. It gets credentials from client instead, see
    http://davmail.sourceforge.net/osximapmailsetup.html

• Maurice

Maurice - 2014-04-07

Hi, thanks again for replying, it's much appreciated.

I realize I've been approaching this the wrong way, so I started over. Now I have DAVmail working perfectly--I can send and receive mail, make entries on iCal, etc. Everything is great--when I am in the office.

When I am at home, my URL for OWA is slightly different. It ends in .com instead of .net, and when I put in that URL, I first have to authenticate. The pop-up window is the typical kind that you get with basic HTTP authentication. Once I put that in, I go on to the actual OWA login page at that URL.

So my question is whether there's a way to put that authentication into DAVmail somehow? I tried including it in the URL, which works in the browser. Should that work in DAVmail?

Thanks again for all your help.

• Mickael Guessant

When you put credentials in url in a browser, it does not send this directly to the server, but uses credentials to generate authorization header.

In your case, are OWA and pre authentication credentials identical ?

• Maurice

Maurice - 2014-04-08

I see.

No, the authentication is a different username and pwd

Last edit: Maurice 2014-04-08
  • Maurice

Maurice - 2014-04-22

Hi, just wondering if there's anything I can try in DavMail that could work in my situation?

Any ideas are much appreciated.