Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SSL handshake alert: unrecognized_name

Help
cs-support
2013-12-15
2013-12-15
  • cs-support
    cs-support
    2013-12-15

After using DavMail for months with a site without any problems the SSL connection fails now with an SSL handshake alert: unrecognized_name.

I'm sure that neither the name nor the certificate of this site have changed.
    Furthermore it is possible to log in to OWA over https.

I've also imported manually this certificate to the java certificate store. Java version is 1.7.0_45.

Details of error log:

ERROR [ImapConnection-53055] davmail - DavMail configuration exception:
    Connect exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException handshake alert: unrecognized_name
    davmail.exception.DavMailException: DavMail configuration exception:
    Connect exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException handshake alert: unrecognized_name
    at davmail.exchange.ExchangeSessionFactory.handleNetworkDown(ExchangeSessionFactory.java:265)
    at davmail.exchange.ExchangeSessionFactory.checkConfig(ExchangeSessionFactory.java:240)
    at davmail.imap.ImapConnection.run(ImapConnection.java:81)

Any ideas?

Regards,
    Wolfgang Moll

• cs-support
      cs-support
      2013-12-15

This problem has been solved in the meantime. It was caused by using an alias name in the DavMail configuration which was not present in the server certificate.
      I suppose that this was not checked in older Java version of the SSL library.

Wolfgang Moll