davfs2.conf - Does it work!?

Help
miken3d
2006-08-15
2013-04-16
  • miken3d
    miken3d
    2006-08-15

Having trouble changing the cache expire time. In fact I have no luck when changing ANY options in the davfs.conf file. It does seem to make a difference.

Is there a trick to it that I don't know? I've re-mounted davfs after making changes with no luck.

I've been chaning the one in /root/.davfs2/davfs.conf? Is this correct? Or is there a global conf file that I should be modifying?!

Thanks,

-Mike

• miken3d
      miken3d
      2006-08-15

Okay....so I've modified the following file:

/etc/davfs2/davfs2.conf

It now contains the line:

expire 10 # seconds

But it's still taking several minutes to refresh the cache.

HELP!

thanks,

-Mike

• Werner Baumann
      Werner Baumann
      2006-08-17

Hello Mike,

I am not sure whether I understand the problem. So I assume:
      When there are changes on the server side (maybe by another WebDAV client), you cant see this changes in your mounted davfs2 file system. Changing the expire time does not help.
      You are using davfs2-1.0.2.

There is a bug in davfs2-1.0.2: While mount.davfs knows of the changes on the server, notification of the Coda kernel module fails. So file system calls will be served by stale entries in the kernel.

The version of davfs2, branch v1, in our CVS repository should solve this problem. You may download the sources from there and build the program. (The next release will be in appr. 1 week or 1 month.)

Configuration files:
      There is a system wide config file in /etc and there are per user config files in the users home directory. (Please read our fine manual: 'man mount.davfs')

If I missed your problem, please send a more detailed error report.

Hint: You should not run mount.davfs as root. This is a security risk and davfs2-1.0.2 is still beta.

Greetings
      Werner