mount.davfs looks for the environment variable "http_proxy" (davfs2-1.2.2/src/mount_davfs.c:1687).
Unfortunately the parsing of this proxy variable is too simple, inconsistent and therefore incorrect.
Proxy variables are defined like this (taken from curl-7.16.1/lib/uri.c):
* (a comma-separated list of hosts which should
* not be proxied, or an asterisk to override
* all proxy variables)
* (seems to exist for the CERN www lib. Probably
* the first to check for.)
mount.davfs only knows one incompatible format:
If the "http_proxy" variable starts with "http://" it tries to connect to server "http".
- neon has a library function "ne_uri_parse(const char *uri, ne_uri *parsed)"
- this function could be used to parse the proxy environment variables
- additional logic could be found in "wget", "curl" and other software, which uses the proxy variables