Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

paper size change not taking

Help
jwoo
2008-01-30
2013-06-03
  • jwoo
    jwoo
    2008-01-30

I need to create a paper size that is huge for a large report.  I create one with this line "paper18=Huge,2000,2000,0.0" and "num_paper_sizes=19".  I do `jar uf ../../lib/DataVision.jar paper.properties` to add it to the Jar.  I verified that the file is changed there.  When I run the report, I do not see the new paper size.  I have tried changing other sizes, and the changes are not reflected when I run datavision.  I thought it may be something with the runtime environment.  This is in linux, but I have tried in Windows with the same results.  I have also tried updating the language files and specifically running with those languages with no luck.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason Woodward

• It looks like you just made a simple typo: you have a period between the 0's at the end... I copied what you have here exactly, and I saw what you saw, Huge did not show up in the list.  Once I changed that period to a comma though, it worked.

Hope that helps,
      Frank

• jwoo
      jwoo
      2008-01-31

Oh... that is embarrassing.   Thanks for the response, it is working now.

• Embarrassing, hehe, I got you beat by a mile... about 20 years ago I spent an ENTIRE WEEKEND debugging a bit of assembly code that just wouldn't work no matter what I did... I finally managed to get it working: I had an ldx token that should have been lxd (or something like that... after 20 years I don't really remember the language, but the point is it was literally two letter flipped around, nothing more).  Compared to that, a period in place of a comma is absolutely nothing to feel bad about! :)