out of memory error

rani
2008-04-18
2013-06-03
  • rani
    rani
    2008-04-18

I have a report which which uses a view.That view is a join of 5 tables in mysql.
    Whenever I run the report as per the input given to report it is giving me out of memory error.some times a small change in the alignment of the columns on report also causing the same error.Each time when it is trying to build the report after execution of the query,it is giving the error.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Rani

• Hi Rani,

Unless Jim or some DV user knows of something to look into off the top of their heads, I don't think we can help you with the information you've given.  If you could provide a script for recreating your database (just enough fake data to replicate the issue), then we can look into it a bit.

Frank

• rani
      rani
      2008-04-30

The error I am getting is...

JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing OutOfMemory - Please Wait.
      JVMDG315: JVM Requesting Heap dump file
      ....................................................................JVMDG318: Heap dump file written to /opt/tatapos/shfiles/crm/ci/heapdump.20080423.110054.9296.phd
      JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file
      JVMDG304: Java core file written to /opt/tatapos/shfiles/crm/ci/javacore.20080423.110105.9296.txt
      JVMDG274: Dump Handler has Processed OutOfMemory.
      JVMST109: Insufficient space in Javaheap to satisfy allocation request
      java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
              at java.util.ArrayList.add(ArrayList.java(Compiled Code))
              at jimm.util.StringUtils.wrapLineInto(StringUtils.java(Compiled Code))
              at jimm.util.StringUtils.wrap(StringUtils.java:186)
              at jimm.datavision.field.FormattedValueCache.calcValues(FormattedValueCache.java:101)
              at jimm.datavision.field.FormattedValueCache.getOutputHeight(FormattedValueCache.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
              at jimm.datavision.field.Field.getOutputHeight(Field.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
              at jimm.datavision.Section.getOutputHeight(Section.java(Compiled Code))
              at jimm.datavision.layout.LayoutEngine.calcSectionHeights(LayoutEngine.java:525)
              at jimm.datavision.layout.LayoutEngine.calcDetailHeight(LayoutEngine.java:536)
              at jimm.datavision.layout.LayoutEngine.checkRemainingPageLength(LayoutEngine.java:295)
              at jimm.datavision.layout.LayoutEngine.groupHeaders(LayoutEngine.java:213)
              at jimm.datavision.Report.processResultRow(Report.java:1666)
              at jimm.datavision.Report.runReport(Report.java:1601)
              at jimm.datavision.Report$9.run(Report.java:1525)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)

The wrapLineInto method os StingUtils.java in DataVision is causing the out of memory.
      I found that for some data the method is going to infinite loop.The data I checked for ..."VILLA NO-E2,EPSILON,YEMLUR MAIN ROAD,".
      I think the wrapping is based on the width of the column.For the particular width and data it is going to infinite loop and throws out of memory error.

Please help me.