Comments on Descriptions

Danny
2007-10-31
2013-01-20
  • Danny
    Danny
    2007-10-31

Hi Robert,
    I have wondered if it is possible to have the description view (the information on a book you see when single clicking on it) formatting more resemble the book details you see when you double click the item. Most specifically the description field is what I am referring to. When a book has many reviews, it tends to lump them together into one big unformatted paragraph making it very hard to read. The detail page separates them nicely into paragraphs making scanning the entries much simpler. Is it also possible to add some of the other fields to the description page such as status? That way when just browsing all entries you can instantly see information such as if you own it or want it. The "group by" feature is really nice but it might be nice to be able to customize the description field like you can the details page if desired. I think it would also be nice (if possible) to separate reviews, from the book description which would be more of a "summary". I know you are working on online searches so I figured I would at least suggest this.

Thanks!
    Danny

• Danny
      Danny
      2007-11-01

I just found the quick view settings option for the first time which was exactly what I was asking for about the adding and removing fields from the description window so please disregard my requests on that feature.

Thanks!
      Danny