Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Season, episode nr in Movie Module

Zodler
2013-10-25
2014-08-02
  • Zodler
    Zodler
    2013-10-25

Thanks for this great software. I'm new and I was playing, altering the movie module for tv series using and was surprised to see that there are already fields for Season, Episode name, Episode Number. How come I don't see them when editing a movie and how can I add a TV series season correctly?

• calibraco
    calibraco
    2013-10-25

Under settings, go to the 3rd setting (overall field settings? mine is in dutch) and tick the boxes to active.

• Zodler
    Zodler
    2013-10-25

I see no relevant settings here:

settings

• calibraco
    calibraco
    2013-10-25

Nah, this one

Then the third

Attachments
  • Zodler
    Zodler
    2013-10-25

Thanks. Now I can see them.

Now please tell me how I add a Season with 24 episodes?

I add 24 movies? But I don't want to see 24 movies. I want to see 1 movie with 24 items inside.

• calibraco
    calibraco
    2013-10-27

Make 1 movie, and change for example the summary. You can change a database by adding more fields. 24 fields is a bit much, but it can be done. Maybe create a extra tab for the episodes.

A extra tab you can create on the same page i posted above, then the 7th line. And in there you also find tab design. You can click the ones in information to the new epsiodes tab. Only thing is, you have to find a way to do it 24 times....

I hope it makes sense.

• Zodler
    Zodler
    2013-10-27

It should be like Music Albums and Music Tracks. There should be a new module Episode Item and then inside Movie module we should be able to add Episode Item.

• calibraco
    calibraco
    2013-10-28

Ive looked at it.

And you can copy the music tracks module list, and adjust the textfields, or make a new module. And then you have to relate that to the movie module.

I hope this helps as im also a bit new to datacrow

• Copying a module is an option. However this way you will loose all the online search capabilities as these are not copied over. I am looking into changing the structure of Data Crow where it will be possible for:
    - Books to have multiple articles
    - Software to consist out of multiple files
    - Movies to have multiple "parts"

This will have quite an impact as all the file imports, etc, will hve to be aadopted. However this would make Data Crow much more flexible. The structure will be similar to the audio CD module.

• Arokh
    Arokh
    2014-08-02

Robert,

thanks for the new version! I read the release notes, and if I understood them correctly, the features you outlined in the above post should now be implemented in Datacrow. However I can't figure out how to use them.

Does one need to create a new module to allow movies to have multiple parts? How are specific files assigned to these "parts"? How would one enter a TV series?

• Hi,

Nope, see the release notes. These are planned still.

Robert