Problem with smb-share as user directory on linux

2014-01-27
2014-01-29
  • Hi,
    I use DataCrow on 2 windows-machines, the database is on an external usb hdd connected to my router.
    Now I installed OpenSuse on my notebook and wanted to use that directory on the usb hdd connected to my router, too.
    On Dolphin, I can connect to that hdd - using the address "smb://192.168.1.1/volume1/"
    DataCrow will not allow me that: it always adds "/home/USER" to the address. [Using Windows, DC doesn't do that, it just will let you choose the directory or give in any address.]
    I didn't find that problem in the discussion group. How do I give in correctly the smb-address when asked by DC for the user directory? Or how can I get rid of the addition "/home/user" in DC on Linux?
    I tried to add -userdir:"smb://192.168.1.1/volume1/Dokumente/DataCrow" - the program starts but not with the database! So "-userdir" hasn't helped me.
    Thanks, Paul-Stefan

Last edit: Paul-Stefan Koenig 2014-01-27
  • Hi,

I have e-mailed you about this as well. However, I am not sure the SMB protocol will work with the database. I suggest waiting for 4.0 version which features a simple server which will allow you to connect through the net instead of a file share.

Cheers,
    Robert