Other Module has extra space in View and database id number in Quick View and no expanded list in Grouping Pane

charles
2013-07-30
2013-08-06
  • charles
    charles
    2013-07-30

Why is it that every time I create an Other Module it looks like this http://fanoss.ca/dc.jpg - I can't get rid of the large space at the top of the View panel, or the database id in the Quick View panel and I can't expand the list in the Grouping Panel to see the items.

Charles

• Hi Charles,

Lots of questions :)

• ID; you can change this through the field settings (see attached screenshot)
    • the large space; I am not entirely sure what you mean, but I think the answer is going to be that it is inherent to the design of Data Crow. You can switch the various parts of the screen on/off through the "View" menu
    • Can't expand; that's because you haven't grouped on anything yet. Select "Group By" and then "Select Fields".

Cheers,
    Robert

Attachments
  • charles
    charles
    2013-08-02

OK, 1 and 3 solved, thanks! As for number 2, the large space - I set the background of the View Panel to orange, so that's the entire size of the current entry - just one Title. You can see that above "Nightmare Before Xmas" there is quite a bit of empty orange space and I've only selected the Title to be displayed. If I were to list more posters each one will have the same space at the top so in a simple list of 3 line items only the first one will be visible without scrolling - it's like each item has a 30px height above the title.

If that's part of the design of datacrow, maybe I'm not using the View Panel properly, and there seems to be no way to hide this panel view. What is the purpose of View Panel compared with the Description Panel (which can be hidden)? They both can contain the same information - depending on which fields you choose - as far as I can tell.

Thanks
    Charles

Last edit: charles 2013-08-02
  • Hi Charles,

That's because you are using the card view which is meant to display a short description of the item and a picture of the item. You would be better of using the table view. I have attached a screenshot showing the difference between the two. The table view also allows you to select which columns to display (CTRY-Y; view settings).

Hope this helps to clear out the last point :)

Cheers,
    Robert

Attachments
  • charles
    charles
    2013-08-06

Fantastic! Your cataloger is the best. Now I have months of work ahead of me :) Thanks for your time and the screen shots.

Charles

Last edit: charles 2013-08-06
  • Thank you Charles and have fun!
    If you have any more questions you know where to go and post them :-)

Cheers,
    Robert