Book online Search Not Working

Ecks
2012-07-27
2013-01-20
  • Ecks
    Ecks
    2012-07-27

I have been using Data Crow for a long time now and have been very happy with it. I updated to the newest version 3.9.14 on my windows 7 machine and in the Online search for books it can't connect to any of the servers. I really like being able to just type in the isbn numbers for books and it grab all the info. Can someone help me resolve this?

• Hi,

There are two main possibilities;
    1 - You are behind a proxy server in which case you have to fill in the details in Settings > Settings > HTTP Settings
    2 - The firewall is blocking javaw.exe from accessing the internet

Cheers,
    Robert

• Ecks
    Ecks
    2012-08-01

There were two javaw programs, Java(TM) Platform SE binary and Java(TM) Web Start Launcher. I added them both to the list of programs that are allowed to communicate through the firewall.

I also looked into my settings and I am not using a proxy server.

It still does not work

• Ecks
    Ecks
    2012-08-11

I discovered why it is not working, for some reason java is not working at all on my comp. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i made sure it was enabled everywhere and that my firewall wasn't blocking it, but everywhere java is required, even when i went to the java site to test my version of java, it comes back with a "classnotfoundexception"

• Anonymous
    2012-11-12

DC 3.9.14 works fine for me in both win 7 and win XP