New Version 100% CPU Utilization

blkudera
2008-04-29
2013-01-20
  • blkudera
    blkudera
    2008-04-29

I'm running the latest version on XP Pro SP2 and am experiencing a significant performance loss in the latest version.

I'm getting about a 2% response, otherwise the software is unusable. Upon starting the application, the Loading UI and Loading Items takes the longest. I have about 275 movies in that module, and I imagine several actors/directors.

Once the software does finally open and the view finally fills with my list, I have an hour glass and am not able to navigate through the software.

I tried commenting out the look and feel property out of data_crow.properties, but this did not resolve the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is there something incorrect about my install?

• Please send your log file to support@datacrow.net. I am running Data Crow on Windows XP SP2 as well and have not experienced this behavior. If you could, it would be nice if you could edit the log4j.properties file and comment the first line and uncomment the second line (commenting is done with a #). Then start Data Crow again, wait for it load everything. Shut Data Crow and send the log file (data_crow.log, zipped) to me.

Did you experience this problem with older versions as well?

Sorry for the inconvenience,
      Robert Jan

• blkudera
        blkudera
        2008-04-29

Hi Robert Jan I've sent you my log file. Let me know if I can send you anything else that would help.
        I did not have this problem with the older version. I should have left it alone, I know! I upgraded when the new version came out and started to experience the problems. I tried the latest patch you have released before writing in on the forum to see if it would resolve itself, but it hasn't.

Thanks for your help- I enjoy using your software!