Display Problem - Picture Icons Disapead

2011-12-15
2013-01-20
  • Kevin Andrews
    Kevin Andrews
    2011-12-15

Hi from Downunder

All my picture icons displaying my movies in the Movie Module have Disapeared.

Thing i have done to make this problem. I had altered the movie module and deleted the Picture Back field ( came up with warning data maybe lost) since i had no data i continued and save, restarted.

I now have no Picture Icons

What I have discovered is if i right click on where the icons would be the icon reapears under the mouse pointer.

I have tryed to go to the view setting and change the picture display but no field information is being displayed. 

I have a another module i created for Jigsaw Puzzles it working fine with no deisplay problems
    Any help would be kindly regarded

• Will be fixed in the next version which will be released within the next few days. It is indeed an issue within Data Crow, not something you've done wrong.

Cheers, Robert

• funjunkie44
    funjunkie44
    2012-03-06

Has this been fixed??? I have the same problem, and it is annoying not to see the thumbnails. The problem is not just in the movie module but the book module as well. The front and back covers appear just fine in the QuickView pane, but not in the Card View listing.

Curiously, the problem is just relegated to the pre-packaged modules . . . I created a custom module called games, loaded all the data via a .csv file, and the pictures appear just fine in the Card View listing.

• funjunkie44
    funjunkie44
    2012-03-07

An update on this: as the program developer said, this is a bug, but there is a work-around. I managed to get all my thumbnail images to appear by using my own modules. Rather than import my collections into the pre-made movie and books modules, I created my own modules (I called them "Cinema" and "Folios" instead of Movies and Books), and imported from a .csv file into the Cinema and Folios modules. This workaround doesn't fix the bug, but it bypasses it so you can see all your box covers displayed as thumbnails.

I just started using this program and I like its versatility, but I have no idea if there are any future updates planned. So workarounds will have to do for now.