Menu

Not saving edits in Book Module

PaddyB
2013-09-08
2013-12-28
  • PaddyB

PaddyB - 2013-09-08

I imported a large number of entries into DC from another app that I was using. The import went fine but I needed to edit a large number of these entries. Somewhere along the line (I don't know when it started) but if I open up an entry and edit it I can save it and it will accept the edits, but if I open that same entry again and make changes and Save, the edits are not saved. In other words I can make changes once but not twice to the same entry. Is this something I am doing wrong?

I have tried re-installing the version of DC that I was using (3.12.2) and this didn't help. I tried downloading the newer version and installing this, but it still didn't help. I tried restoring a saved version (backup) and this also made no difference. I am now pulling my hair out because I don't want to go back to the software I was using before.

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Can you attach thelog file (data_crow.log) file. Best would be to first replay the situation where you cannot save, then attach the log file.

Cheers,
    Robert

• PaddyB

PaddyB - 2013-09-09

Here is the log file. I first tried duplicating the problem with one entry and it worked fine. Saved a change and then saved a subsequent change. The second entry I tried to edit worked fine the first time but would not save a subsequent change

Hi,

apologies for my long absence. I assume you still have the issue in the software (if you havent'gone back to the other app just yet). Can you send me the database to info@datacrow.net? All I need is the dc.script file, located in the database folder.

Cheers,
    Robert

• PaddyB

PaddyB - 2013-12-27

Hi Jan,
    Did you ever receive the dc.script file I sent? If not then here it is again.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks! I will look into this for the next version.

Cheers,
    Robert