Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Mass update utility - Pick first suggestion!

sektah
2012-02-09
2013-01-20
  • sektah
    sektah
    2012-02-09

Hi! On the long journey of finding a suitable movie management tool (for Linux/Ubuntu) I came back taking a look at Data Crow's improvements. I really like what I found!

But one essential function seems to be missing (or I just don't see it). I want the mass update utility to pick the first suggestion during the lookup of multiple movies so i don't have to sit and wait for hours. A possibility to mark those entries to check them for mistakes afterwards would be great too (Something like a "group","tag" or the status field).

Not so important, but if you have time and interest:

I like to use IMDb's infos because it's very complete and their user ratings are appropriate most of the time. Since my movie titles are not easily recognized by IMDb I use the Amazon search for example to clean up the Titles and let them go through IMDb again. My video-files are not named properly but the folders are (e.g.: "I Saw The Devil (2010, Ger, 1080p)/xxxxx.avi").

• I was wondering why the release year is being removed automatically while performing the search instead of keeping it to find the right match?

• I also want to know if there is a possibility to bind more than one file to an entry (e.g.: cd1.avi, cd2.avi)?

• I set to use VLC to open various video files. It doesn't seem to work right (on Ubuntu 11.10). I just picked the Standard path in the settings /usr/bin/vlc and picked avi. Here I tried to open a file in the folder "Star Trek - Filme (1979-2009, Eng, Ger, 1080p)".

Einlesen der Datei fehlgeschlagen:
      VLC konnte die Datei "/home/user/Programme/datacrow/'/media/backups/Star" nicht lesen.
      Ihre Eingabe konnte nicht geöffnet werden:
      VLC kann die MRL 'file:///home/user/Programme/datacrow/%27/media/backups/Star' nicht öffnen. Sehen Sie für Details im Fehlerprotokoll nach.
      Einlesen der Datei fehlgeschlagen:
      VLC konnte die Datei "/home/user/Programme/datacrow/Trek" nicht lesen.
      Ihre Eingabe konnte nicht geöffnet werden:
      VLC kann die MRL 'file:///home/user/Programme/datacrow/Trek' nicht öffnen. Sehen Sie für Details im Fehlerprotokoll nach.

Im happy about any suggestions/explanations - Thanks in advance!

• I have added a new option to the Mass Update utility which tells Data Crow to always pick the first.. use with care! :)

Cheers,
    Robert